12-06-2022, 08:39 PM   #63
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
It seems to me that M2 ownership is already fairly exclusive (in terms of number of M2's compared to the general automotive fleet). So, I'm not sure why some feel the need to make it even more exclusive by trying to exclude a segment of M2 owners. Sentiments like "my M2 is a real M car and yours isn't" doesn't serve to build or strengthen this community.

For me, I decided to take an afternoon this weekend to detail my OG LCI M2. I cleaned the 437m wheels, washed the car, put some Adam's Polishes VRT on the tires, and dreamed about getting some wheel curb rash remedied. Throughout, I admired her hips and reveled in ownership of my LCI M2 after having spent a couple years planning and saving for it. Then I went for a short drive and loved every moment of it. That's enjoyment that forum comments won't dent!

I remember rampant disagreements like this over in the WRX/STI forums. When I was a new WRX owner, I tried frequenting those forums. They were so full of "mine is bigger, better, faster, harder, longer than yours" rants that I didn't stick around. By contrast, this community has been so much more helpful and eager to look out for the fellow owner that I've really enjoyed contributing over the past initial year of BMW and M2 ownership.
Appreciate 9