MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
Ok, wow. this is a cool thread and I'm sorry I was late to it.

Q1. A really cool dealer told me to describe what kind of car I wanted (after seeing me snoop around the BMW lot). He showed me some BMW's and I didn't want any of them, only the ones I couldn't afford at the time LOL!

Fast forward a few weeks, and he calls me excited saying "I got an M3 for you son" Manual, sunroof, two-door and sporty is what I told him I wanted. I knew nothing about BMW's at the time, and didn't know they made cars like that. I creeped back on the lot when they were closed to have a look at it. I wasn't initially that excited by it, being a fan of the E46 stying which had just came out.

It wasn't until I researched what it was, and actually test drove it; that got me hooked. I loved the way the straight six sounded and how easy it was to drive the car spirited and the brakes were like nothing I had experienced before. E36 M3, and I had that car for 13 years. Went through all the repairs, and weird glitches that were common with that car. I even money-shifted it, which is another embarrassing story and saga..LOL. I remember reading a Car & driver article comparing it to the new Audi S4. It barely lost the comparison, but went down swinging as the writer stated.

Q2. My regret is selling it, as the prices for these cars are going up. It's crazy because the E36 M3 was the model everyone later started to shit on. They're worth something now, even the high mileage ones.
I remember when I was in my very early 20s, the E36 was simply stunning - a huge kick up in size but boy was it nice to look at
qnet684.50