View Single Post
      10-28-2022, 03:14 PM   #61
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMTX View Post
Help please. Radial bearing like on an e46 m3 upper mount? 60mm bearing on the bottom side of the upper spring hat, in between the spring and hat correct?

Unfortunately, 400/700 is too soft for me. I bought 500/800, Eibach coupler with a hyperco helper. Of course you guys can all guess what happened to my ride height.... Front spring perch is all the way lowered and I still have way too much of a gap between the top of the front tires and fender. Ordered a pair of Eibach 5.1" high coils.....

My lesson for the day (which I can never get through my head), pay extra and get exactly what you want the first time.

I prefer the stance of the pic with the stock wheels on the car.
7" should be a typical front spring length. You can also run a 6" with a low solid height helper. Check for coil bind when running a 5" spring.

No, the bearings in the E46 M3 front strut mounts are housed in a plastic housing. You will still need to run Swift stainless steel thrust sheet between them and the springs to keep them from cracking and falling apart. Swift thrust sheets are the way to go. Thrust bearings won't survive daily use.
Appreciate 0