MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloc View Post
Q1: I was looking for a fun second car under $20k, had an off road pickup truck at the time but was missing the feeling of the low down sports car. Ended up finding a 135i and falling in love with the N55 engine and everything else about it. It was the best car I had owned until I got the M2. Funny enough around that time I took a trip to LA with my (at the time gf, now wife) and picked up a 911 as a rental. The entire time I missed the 135i, the 911 just didn't do it for me. I tried to like it but to this day I just don't see what the big deal is with those things.

Anyway she moved in and we needed the space for her car so I picked up a used 2013 X6M and traded both the 135i and ZR2 in for it. Thought it would be the best of both worlds. It was fun for a while, but the X6M was just too fast if that makes sense, without the fun and excitement that you feel in a smaller car. Also couldn't off road it, although I tried...The last thing is I was getting worried about the engine blowing - kept hearing horror stories.

So anyway traded it in for Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with a Hemi that we kept for a while, thought we would go on grand adventures doing off roading and all that. While we did do a couple trips, it wasn't anything like we thought and I kind of started getting out of the off roading scene. Once we moved further away from any trails (3.5+ hours) there was really no point to have a GCT, we'd bought a house too. The entire time I missed the 135i and had been wanting an M2 for a while, so after setting up the house and spending months searching for just [...]
Great story my friend