View Single Post
      10-26-2022, 10:32 AM   #1
414bhp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla

Talking 4 years with a CTS-V wagon

Hi all!

I just crossed 4 years with my 6-speed 2014 CTS-V wagon. I usually get the new-car itch after 2 years, but in this case, I still love the V! Mine's stock, and it's so civilized, analog and engaging.

I bought the car with the idea of using it for exciting mountain drives and maybe some autocross or track, but I never ended up putting the car on the circuit. In fact, I ended up getting a sports car a few years later that does the track work. But as a fast car to drive slow, the CTS-V doesn't disappoint. These Gen-2 V's are so full of feedback and feel!

Going in I thought the engine would be the highlight of the car. And while it is good and the transmission is quite satisfying to row, it's really the steering and suspension that are my favorite aspects. The steering is constantly wiggling with the road surface, and the mag ride suspension takes all the hurt out of my city's poor roads.

I have so many more thoughts on this lovely machine, but I'll spare you. (If you want to read them, they are on my blog here.)

Best,
Mike