10-16-2022, 07:01 PM   #51
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndyvidual View Post
Just attended the last event of my season at VIR [Full Course] hosted by the PCA First Settler's Region. Had a really good time as usual meeting new drivers and talking all things cars. But the real magic was behind the wheel.

Taking my Mont Tremblant formula to Virginia, the track and I became one and put down a great Personal Best (PB) on day 1: 2m16.31s. Executing the current winning formula turned that PB into an average time by day 2. Consistent laps when taking different driving lines are one of my primary objectives when at the track. It's an essential skill when in traffic and with 'passing anywhere' conditions. So mission accomplished!

But after a closer view of the VBOX CAN data, I some lap time opportunities. For example, getting brake and throttle magnitudes more tightly coupled (no coasting moments). Tweaking that and more techniques per VBOX channel data, I bested my PB with 2m14.86s! I'm very happy with it and continue to be an advocate of gathering data if you are keen on improving your craft in this hobby.
Awesome. There were other forum members at that event. M4 GTS. Did you say hello?
Appreciate 0