Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
I'm not sure what you're implying. The M2 is a parts bin car designed to maximize performance with existing parts. Pretty much everything on the OG M2 was ripped from the m3/4 or carried over from some variant of the m235. The steel from strut tower is m235 carryover as was the corner braces from the f23 convertible. That's how you maximize performance at value.

That certainly doesn't preclude aftermarket companies from designing better products. That happens on every car platform.
It certainly doesn't - as you say. Whether the aftermarket products highlighted here are more effective than the M235i Racing items reused on the F8X M3/M4 and M2C (as asserted by the OP) - rather than merely being cheaper - is my issue with the OP.

I also have doubts about the cost effectiveness of the aftermarket products highlighted here compared to the BMW items as they are bolted in locations that appear to offer less bang for the buck and major on the cosmetic aspects. If they attached to the strut towers using the mounting points for the strut tops and then tied in the mounting points for the corner braces, that would be a compelling alternative offering.

HTH
The effectiveness of the aftermarket is close enough when you take cost/effort into consideration that I'd rather spend less of both taking all of 30 seconds to bolt in a strut tower bar and new corner braces over mess around with fitting the m4 setup.
Appreciate 0