View Single Post
      09-09-2022, 01:08 PM   #30
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
This is mainly because the stock brace is adapted from the normal F series cars and alone it is insufficent. Paired with

The m4 and its technical layout was announced September 25 2013, the m235ir was announced in late December 2013 and derived its parts from the m4. Nothing was custom made for it...

Another funny bit is you don't think the upgraded corner braces (which are clearly more rigid than the flimsy stock brace) do anything vs. the stock braces which were able to be flexed by hand even while bolted (and torque to spec) into the car, which means the mounting points don't do anything. This then implies bmw's engineering to develop these braces was absolute garbage as they chose useless mounting points. Yet when bmw engineers develop the m4 brace it was perfect. So which is it? Is bmw unable to engineer or not?
Not what I said, but there you go.

I think they are stiffer than the wriggly tin of the stock corner braces. I do not think they are stiffer - in concert with the stock strut reinforcement - than the system you highlight as originating on something other than a race car. The front part of the brace appears to have been available to order from January 11th 2013 btw, which predates the M4.

Why do you buy BMW if you think their engineers produce "absolute garbage" as a matter of interest?
Appreciate 0