08-25-2022, 08:04 PM   #85
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
No kidding? I rode at VAFB. Down the push trail and then into that endless sea of California brush. Great days. That was an experience that people would have paid a fortune for.
I had a 125 and a 250 Yamaha. I had 100,000's of acres to ride on. I would put the brush over me and the dirt bike before MMIII missile launch. The choppers swept the area. I got too close. A bit of heat coming out of the hole. Scared the holyfauk out of my ass. Never again. Always from a distance. I went into the hole when this shit was "top secret". Hell now, you can view old school Minutemen III launch on youtube. Dad was responsible for over 250 launches the time we were there. Cold War. No games. All the GPS Sats were coming out of VAFB the time we lived there. 24 in geosync orbit. GPS was "top secret". I seen a few do "courier duty" with attaches handcuffed to their wrists. Probably "launch codes". Who knows?
I was pulling new electronics out of dumpsters on the base and building SW and AM/FM radios at age 14. Heathkit was my friend too.

Many experiences living the military life. Now Hahn AB after that. 45 minutes to Communist territory in an F4D. The Ring was new back then down the road. Yes, the RING. Nürburgring. Army General wanted a "field trip" They did an exercise at the Ring. Tents all over it. 1972.

edit - The Ring was not new but improved in 72.......built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains.

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666

Last edited by M4Tejas; 08-27-2022 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0