05-12-2022, 11:55 PM   #9
The_Flying_Szymbo
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahPA View Post
I think it all depends on what you really want in a car. I can't speak to the entire car market, but for the M2 market I've heard a lot of current owners say they would never swap their F87 for a new M2. As an F87 owner, I completely agree. I would never consider trading mine for a new one. Looks are subjective, but I really dislike the new G series M240 and I don't anticipate being thrilled with the looks of the new M2. I'm also not interested in a car that's heavier than what I currently have. More power is great, but if I want to chase power I'm going to ditch my N55. I guess we're all willing to pay premium if a car delivers on what we're seeking.

This is pretty much my exact feeling on my recent purchase of a '20 M2C about a month ago. Hell, I hadn't even driven an M2 or M2C or even any BMW before I purchased this car on the other side of the country that I had never seen in person and had shipped to me. But, I knew that a M2C w/ a manual transmission is a rapidly dying breed, incredibly well regarded and consistently raved about among its automotive peers. I had seen several M240s in person, and while everybody likes to say "we don't know what they'll do with the new M2 yet..." the new proportions and design language do not speak to me AT ALL. Yes, the new cars are faster. Awesome. But I like to enjoy looking at my cars.

Plus, interest rates are not going any lower, and the longer I waited, those low-mileage, practically new examples are gaining miles, even if slowly. My 2020 had only 3100 miles when it came to me. That's worth the extra ticket price in my book.
Appreciate 3
M3R12216.50
bwhyz20.00