View Single Post
      03-16-2022, 03:26 PM   #27
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I'm just relaying information from tire tests performed by TireRack and Tyre Review in addition to Michelin's own published comparisons. The PS4S will lap faster than a PSS on both a dry and wet track.

I agree with you completely on track use. I can't even recall the last time I drove a street type tire on a track (unless you're talking about autocrossing and TW200 tires like RE-71Rs). I bought the first R-compound tire introduced back in 1985 (Goodyear Gatorback S with its molded 4/32" tread and all) and never looked back.
Maybe it was the earlier reviews that I was remembering. Even the PS4S is an old tire now. I prefer their feel for sure, but the PS4S makes more sense for me as a daily. Unfortunately, I got the new V601 with my last set of wheels, so they'll be on for a while.

Anyone that knows enough to run a 71R is a friend of mine. Old tech or not, they are still my favorite street/track tire. I wish they would hurry up and give us the S in the US.

I too had Gatorbacks, we're going way back now. I did prefer the look of the P7 (iconic IMO), and the grip of the A008 (put everything to shame), but the Gator's were awesome for sure.
Appreciate 1
CSBM52756.00