View Single Post
      02-18-2022, 07:58 AM   #39
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
It is so weird seeing people say this. Having owned an E92 M3, I'd say the M2 is fine. That car was 100% impossible to enjoy outside of an HPDE.

I have driven an E46 M3 and M2 back to back, and owned an E46 M3 that I regret selling. There is no comparison in the overall driving enjoyment. The E46 M3 has that wow factor over 4000rpm and the connectivity is light years better than the M2. By comparison it feels very raw. But then I think about how unreliable mine was, and how I can count on the M2 to give me few issues over a time, and it helps me cope with missing the E46.
I absolutely respect your opinion as you've owned all these cars, but I can't say I agree with it (which is completely OK).

IMHO, I don't see how the S54 can have a wow factor at 4k RPM but the S65 doesn't. While admittedly, the truly best part of the S65 is at the top end, that applies to the S54. Mine does have a pretty loud exhaust and you're always doing something regarding of RPM because mine is a 6MT. It's also catless with a tune, and the bump in torque in the midrange was very noticeable to me compared to stock. Apples vs oranges, I get it.

As for the M2C vs E46, I do agree that the old generation cars will feel much more raw than the F87. But what I do appreciate is that the car is compact, has much more torque which gives it a nice playful oversteer-y personality, but still has a smart enough MDM mode to save you from being overly stupid ect...

To me, this gives it easily as much driving enjoyment as any E gen cars I've driven.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0