02-16-2022, 09:28 AM   #38
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWHO View Post
The sentiment in this thread that the M2 is docile around town is spot on. The unfortunate side of the car in my opinion is you only get those wows when you drive to score demerit points; which in my case I can't afford anymore. When you floor it and drive it hard it is truly magnificent. I can appreciate the fact that those of you who are older enjoy the drive ability and comfort at low speeds, however, I wish it was a little more on edge myself.
It is so weird seeing people say this. Having owned an E92 M3, I'd say the M2 is fine. That car was 100% impossible to enjoy outside of an HPDE.

I have driven an E46 M3 and M2 back to back, and owned an E46 M3 that I regret selling. There is no comparison in the overall driving enjoyment. The E46 M3 has that wow factor over 4000rpm and the connectivity is light years better than the M2. By comparison it feels very raw. But then I think about how unreliable mine was, and how I can count on the M2 to give me few issues over a time, and it helps me cope with missing the E46.
W///7532.00