View Single Post
      08-27-2021, 07:08 PM   #77
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by imOFP View Post
That was basically how it was when I was looking. A number of cars were available but already in production with specs that didn't align. Felt very much like a take it or leave it, this is what the lot has situation.

I got very lucky and found a 112 allocation that I could customize still. Submit my build specs on Friday June 4th, and car went into production on Monday June 7th. I opted to leave the MPE on for two reason - good faith to the dealer since I am sure we over paid for the parts based on online prices and I didnt want to lose the allocation to someone willing to pay and ADM (which we didn't, and weren't interested in doing), and the second reason was as I mentioned - that it was built into the car price and a day one feature I got to use. I wish it had user controllable flaps, but nothing sport/plus modes can't fix.

We needed to spec one as wife cant drive stick, and she also wanted a sun roof. Weight/helmet space wasn't an issue since its a toy/garage queen and not our daily or a racecar (yet), we might be talking about getting an LCI G82 M4C w/ xDrive when they near EOL for this gen. Then all bets are off on the M2C.
MPE is port installed, right? It's not a factory option so technically it didn't matter if the car was already in production in Germany or not. It could have been on the boat and you could still add/remove MPE.

Great looking car, congrats!
Appreciate 0