View Single Post
      08-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
jas1598
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

2018 M2 vs. 2021 GT4

I currently own a 2018 M2 LCI with DCT and 14k miles. The car's a blast and I love everything about it. I was able to buy it used for only $45k a year ago, and you simply can't get a better car for the money. With that said, I, like many other BMW enthusiasts, find myself lusting after the new GT4. I put my name on the waiting list at my Porsche dealer and should be able to place an order in late 2022 (hopefully). But, there is obviously a HUGE price difference, and I keep going back and forth if the upgrade is really necessary.

I've never driven a GT4 (only a new Cayman S), but I've read everything online and it's clear the experience is next level compared to the M2. If I get the GT4, I don't plan to track it. I would just be taking spirited drives around the Rockies/west coast. I would also get the PDK (which I know is sacrilege to many, but I prefer it).

Right now my monthly payment on the M2 is $670 and going to the GT4 would bring it up to around $1,600, which I can afford, but not by much. My big question is, is this expensive upgrade worth it? Of course that's a subjective question, but I'd love to hear others' thoughts. The GT4 will hold its value much better than the M2 and is sure to be a future classic. I'm in love with the styling and the fact that it's a true sports car, but I just can't help feeling like it's a totally irresponsible financial decision. Especially when the M2 is such a great car in its own right.
Appreciate 0