04-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #97
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
There is accountability, BMW agreed the roof is not to spec and offered 2 options, fix or return. If everyone think so little of the dealer's capabilities then perhaps they should consider a different brand or at a minimum a different dealer. Unlike some I have 5 BMW dealers within a reasonable distance from my home. I go to one that is ~30 miles away, guess why.

These cars, M cars, are sometimes on the bleeding edge of technology, like the roof and sometimes, shit happens. People talked about the blemish on the new roof and that didn't stop one person from buying them.

Re: the general comment about quality overall. I agree and people should not accept inferior quality and should vote with their wallets. But again not the case here manufacture is stepping up and fixing the issue. The problem is not quality for some it's a lack of trust that the issue will be resolved correctly and for others it's because they are looking at the car as an investment and feel the future return is now diminished.
Let's say Sony is selling its flagship tv with defects where a noticeable amount of pixels will burn out and their accountability is to tell those affected to send their tvs into Bestbuy where their qualified technicians will replace the panel at cost to Sony. When replacing a panel, care must be taken to remove all of the adhesive and then apply the right amount of evenly distributed adhesive (by hand because they lack the robots that did it in the first place) or else in the short term, the tv will develop light bleed. That's what is happening here except that the vehicle is ALWAYS going to be resold by the owner sooner or later and the new buyer will care about the repair.
Appreciate 1