2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Some of the "you should do..." are just plain laughable.

Stop looking at the car as an investment or worrying about resale.

Have it fixed and enjoy it. If you don't and sell it back. The dealer or BMW will fix it and resell it at some crazy price that will have you fuming the rest of your life.
If your car was in an accident and the frame was bent, you're ok with them straightening it? Never mind a car that's straddling street and track use and is also brand new.
One we're not talking a bent frame and that's typically a total loss.

No one here has a problem removing the front subframe to install the dubious crank capture bolt or rear subframe to install a sway bar but get their pants in a bunch pulling the roof and gluing in a new one. Not like the car will split in two when they remove the roof. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe there are cross members just not structural (could be wrong about this part) This isn't rocket science.

If the OP is worried he has his options warranty repair or sell back.

New is not a choice, shipping car back to Germany and putting it back on the line is absurd, suing is what's wrong with this world and lemon law will never fly.

Fix the car, drive it, if it has problems resulting from the repair deal with them or then sell it back. The latter terms are what I would negotiate.

Don't want to come across as not caring and hope the OP finds a acceptable outcome. But some posts are a bit out there. People do frame off and/or replacements restorations everyday. Is a number 1 original mustang worth more than an restored one, hell yes but is a restored one worth less, hell no. People need some perspective. They act like these cars will not be in accidents, repainted, etc. In fact, dealer told me one CS had pretty bad shipping damage. Guess what, it was fixed and someone bought it.

Last edited by omasou; 04-25-2021 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 4
cptobvious2531.50
Kikuchiyo125.00
smknjoe234.00