United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnub View Post
The only real reliable source for trade in values are black book/auction prices. Dealers never offer anything close to “clean trade in” regardless of condition in my experience. You can pretty much count on getting “rough” value at best. Carvana and Vroom have both started making cash offers that match dealer trade in offers, which is nice because it saves you the stupid back and forth with the dealer for hours arguing over the price of your trade. Well worth the couple hundred bucks lost in sales tax savings and you can shop multiple dealers for your new car knowing you don’t have to negotiate the trade with every single one of them. It also opens up options buying from private sellers who don’t have the capability of taking your trade.

All of this is great because I’m pretty sure I was going to throat punch the next sales guy who tried to tell me “manuals are too hard to sell.”
You're correct, I can get MMR if you want,blackbook is always too high and not used nor is KBB outside of Cali. I know some people. 99% of dealers pay rough trade, but I got average for my last car which is decent. Whoever said that is dumb, manuals are hot items since there aren't many models left that offer them
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0