03-15-2021, 10:55 PM   #5
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw View Post
I think that rivet might be holding the brakes air duct in place. #3 from the pic. See how there is a protrusion there by #6 where the rivet goes in? The OEM guard cut out allows the rivet to secure that part. Given the weight of the Turner plate it does pull on the bumper lip a bit. You can see that if you zoom in on my pics above.
So you inspired me to retry the fitment. And you are right. This is definitely the way it goes with the entire piece inside the bumper. It's SO tight and awkward to maneuver but it definitely fits slightly better all around once in.

Yep I messed around with that part with the rivet as well. It is the brake duct. The duct has additional rivet closer to the wheel well but that may or not be a concern long term. The skid plate definitely doesn't fit with that rivet in place as it runs into the back side of the rivet. I fought with it quite a bit the first time and just gave up entirely, going outside, assuming there was no cutout there by design. It is not. Personally I can't really think of how to go about this without cutting back the Turner plate. I am thinking about taking a grinder bit to it or being lazy, leaving it on, and carefully drilling a hole. Did you ever address this? In the end the thought of removing it again is super unappealing. It's probably not a huge concern.

Updating original post. Thanks for chiming in! Most appreciated.

Oh and FWIW; yes those clips scratch the bumper, but you can't see the scratches once the 8mm bolts are reinstalled. So that's nice.

Last edited by stefan; 03-15-2021 at 11:04 PM..
Appreciate 0