Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzafi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
Ask the selling dealer if they can provide a temporary registration. I ordered out of state, and I was provided with temporary tags that I used until my appointment date.
I have temporary license plates, but I dont have a temporary car registration. I am used to have a temporary registration which I dont have one. Did you just get tags or did you also get a temporary registration?
Temp tag came with temp registration which is essentially a small copy of the tag that can be kept in glovebox.

Your post reminded me to call dealer and check status of my plates, and they said it'll be 3-4 weeks and they are mailing me additional temp tags in the meantime. I'm in NY btw, so similar time frame to you.

I remember when I bought my IS300 the dealer gave me 6 months of temp tags until I could get registration done (Had to drive out of state to get it registered). He simply fedexed me five post dated 30 day temp tags.

And as others said keep a photo of your bill of sale, I doubt you'll get pulled over for the tags. Prob more likely to get stopped for speeding in the m2. And call dealer for additional unexpired tags as needed.
Appreciate 0