View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 05:30 PM   #95
Mosef81
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 mineral grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoale View Post
This post resonates with me on many levels. First, I too have learned through experience that owning two cars does not translate to twice the fun. I've also learned, through experience, that the Porsche grass is not always greener. My personal experience is that the Cayman chassis, steering, braking, manual transmission, and na sound are all superior to every M I've owned. A lot of this is weight and mid-engine platform. That said, the tall gearing, for me, really undermines the car. The Cayman is also, for me, a pain to get in and out of on an ongoing basis (It is wonderful once you're in). Lastly, as much as I love NA, I benefit more from the M2's torque in most of the driving I do.

As it relates to pricing, I don't think a CS is worth the premium versus the M2 comp, but the Porsche is- IF you prefer it - and if you don't go crazy on options.

In summary, I'm shopping for an M2 comp.

Of course, everyone's situation is different.
I think for us enthusiasts the key point is to drive these cars before buying and taking the time to see what "calls to you more". The problem with the current market is that the demand for any of these machines is small in the grand scheme of things, so these cars inevitably have a time-limited production run. The pressure thus is to buy in a short time frame, sometimes even before you drive the damn thing, and debates on forums can add a dimension to our decision making (rightly or wrongly).

As you highlight scoale: Everyone's situation, driving style, tastes are different - and we are a better community for this diversity. But from a purely sterile financial perspective I don't see the CS offering much value above a M2Comp. But looking at it from another angle, having now seen the G82 m4 grille, I would rather pay for a M2CS than 87k for that monstrosity.
Appreciate 1
Jimjamz4603.50