10-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #74
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Be sure to know exactly what you're getting into. I was all about the mod and it was one of the first thing I did when I got my car. And let me tell you, people weren't lying when they said the phone gets hot! This is especially true when you're running CarPlay while charging. I went back to stock and stuck with a USB charger in the end.
I'm going to see if I can get away with just grinding a little plastic off the stock cradle.
Looks like the clamp needs to slide roughly 15-20mm more to fit the 12 Pro Max.
Right now there are plastic stops in the tray that keep it from going any further.

And yes, I've noticed that every inductive charging iPhone I've had (X, XS, 11 Pro)
got warm in the charger. I have an Element fire extinguisher within easy reach.

The main reason why I want to use the stock cradle is that it sends the phone's signal to the
external antenna through a signal booster ("LTE-Compensator"). Another reason
is that the stock clamp holds the phone down really well. No issue on track days.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)

Last edited by Bosozoku; 11-14-2020 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0