View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #8
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizono View Post
I think it's a great review because it allows the person who can't afford the BMW M2C but can afford the Honda CTR to get an idea of how the two performance focused cars compare and perform at the limit. For someone that loves the M2 and not really interested in the CTR watching the review reveals how far the fwd platform has come, the level of performance is impressive for what it is. The CTR is a practical sports car with an msrp $20k less than an M2C, despite the styling of the CTR is very polarizing and unsophisticated. If you look at cars $20k over the msrp of the M2C the BMW turns into the practical and affordable option, this doesn't diminish it and it's still interesting to compare even if it's not in the same class.
I would argue you can get that information from the plethora of individual reviews out there on each car. I find the CTR fascinating and impressive, but that’s because I’ve watched a half dozen reviews dedicated to the car. Comparisons are more valuable when the cars are in the same segment (hot hatches for example) neither vehicle is clearly “better” but “different.” For example, a Golf R vs a CTR. This review might make CTR owners feel good about the value they got for their money, but there are going to be exceedingly small examples where someone can afford both and choose the car that is 2/3 the price. I wouldn’t pick a CTR over my M2 any more than I’d pick my M2 over a 911.

At the end of the day it certainly isn’t hurting anyone, I just don’t think it’s particularly useful myself.
Appreciate 0