Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Probably a dumb question, but if Comfort Access is what allows this, can you code it off? Maybe with BimmerCode?
Yes. Disable CA then problem over.
Not true, most comfort access keys can be woken, the signal relayed and the car opened and started as if they had the key in less than 20 seconds with equipment you can get off the web. Switching off comfort access or securely storing your key will avoid it.
Yea? And a potential thief can rig your car up to a tow hook I'll and be gone with it, in under 19 seconds, if they really want it..

However, most of guys are worried over nothing but whatever helps you sleep better at night..
Have you tried towing a DCT car? Love to see turn put a tow hook on and drag it from my garage. There's no way to put it forcefully put it into neutral without starting it

The thieves that take cars using the relay method area well planned. The first time my mate knew his X5 was going was the engine starting as it drove off. No home invasion, simple technology and no damage to the cars. Even thieves consider risks and this CA relay method is common amongst many high end cars making it the path of least resistance. $10 signal blocking bag removes a lot of that risk.
Appreciate 0