06-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #123
sevenmarc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
Congrats, enjoy it! Interested to know your thoughts on it and if you think you made the right decision
Thanks man! After finally getting the "pulling to the right" issue fixed (turned out to be a software issue, so managed to get upgraded to the latest iStep in the process), I can safely say that I absolutely LOVE the M2. I don't regret getting a DCT at all, and the car just does what I want, when I want, how I want. It still surprises me from time to time, e.g. occasionally kicking out the tail when in MDM mode, but it's all very manageable and is lots of fun. I don't find the ride to be an issue; it's a little bit stiffer than the 235 was, but more controlled and less bouncy. I also love that the rear-end vagueness that I used to feel on the highway in the 235 doesn't exist with the M2.

I occasionally forget that I changed cars since the interior is so similar, but all it takes is a few manual downshifts in MDM mode at low speeds to remove that confusion. The stereo is also a big step up (I had the base system in the 235), which is exciting.

Did my first mod the other day; swapped the chrome grill surrounds out for gloss black.. Much better.

Time to put my foot in my mouth: I see this car sticking around for a long time.
Appreciate 0