King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
In the market for a new phone. Have pretty much decided on the new Note but could be swayed. What do you find superior in the Pixel versus Sammy products?
As I mentioned before, the software is the number 1 for me. I despise most manufacturer-hacked android versions, mostly because of the sheer amount of bloat they introduce. Every pixel/nexus I've had has been snappy and responsive. I can do whatever I want with it, and do not need to worry about having regular updates. The Pixel 3 comes with Android 9, and while the Note 9 will get it eventually, its currently stuck at 8 until Samsung has time to bastardize it into their package.

With regards to samsung directly, I like the design of the pixel 3 better. My fiance has a Galaxy S8. We just pulled her case off to replace the screen protector on it and literally the entire back of the phone is melted. The pigment under the glass back is completely destroyed and it looks like garbage. This speaks volumes on the manufacturing quality of the phone itself.

This is entirely subjective, but the camera on the note 9 is great from what I can see, but one thing I noticed in previous samsung models is they artificially increase the lightness on the images to make them appear better in lower light settings. I believe the pixel has a better optical lens and will produce better quality pictures. Again, this is completely subjective.

One last thing to note, if you get a Pixel 3, it includes unlimited google photos storage to backup your photos/videos. It actually does it automatically when you're on wifi, which is extremely nice.

Theres a bunch more reasons, but ultimately its up to you to decide what features mean the most to do.

Hope this helps! Good luck.
Excellent write up and info. Exactly what I was looking for by the means of my query. Thank you!
Appreciate 0