04-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #36
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdPedalAddict View Post

I would greatly appreciate any insight from people who extensively drove the 1m and the m2 and the m4. I know some of you guys can read between the lines of all these specs on paper. There's no doubt that the m2 comp is the upgraded car but if it has become too close to the m4 then i'd rather just get a m4 zcp because those too can be found with a discount.

P.S. I don't care what I can sell the car for later but i do care about what i'll be paying for the car now.
To me, the biggest selling point for M2C is the extra power.
The styling doesn't attract me (I don't even care for the LCI changes inside and out), certainly not the sound.
What intrigues me is updates to the handling and power.

But we can't know that verdict until it's tested, and even by then it's one reviewer's word against another.
Who knows how you'll like it when you do get to drive it for the first time.

What I do know for sure is this.

Drove the M4 numerous times on/off track and it's always been a handful with S55 characteristics.
Abrupt power delivery, hard to put the power down and tail happy.

The current M2 however, is so well balanced in it's power/weight/chassis.
It's so easy to rotate and steers very neutral on the track.
The power is just right, not too much not too little for the chassis.
It doesn't try to kill you but it knows you want to go around corners very fast.
It's not meant to be a power monster, but it does what it was intended to do so very well.

So ask yourself, are these characteristics what you're looking for in a car?
Or you'll see yourself immediately getting the itch to tune it and up the power?
Appreciate 5
Al1969537.50
silverado287.50
RedCarrot230.50
ddk632585.00