United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
You need to remember there is almost no room left in the M4 in terms of weight savings. CF driveshaft (up until MY2018), CF hood (CS and GTS), CF roof, lightweight battery, aluminum fenders, titanium exhaust (CS and GTS) etc. They did everything they could do to save weight. What does M2 or M2 Comp have among these parts? None! So there is good chance BMW could shave off good amount of weight and put a $100k+ price tag on it. I really want them to do it because retrofitting some of those parts should be pretty straightforward without paying the crazy premium.
check your math again above.. heck.. check mine too..but based on US SPECs.. the M4 will weight slightly less.....
Well.. until we add back in the CF driveshaft weight...
The reason I compared EU weights is because they are official. Yes, if you just add 55kg/121lbs to official US weight it comes down to 3571lbs which is 6lbs heavier than an M4. I'm just waiting for the official US weight numbers. However, the point being is both M2 and M2 Comp have so much more potential to shave some weight off compared to an M4. If you replace an open-deck engine with a closed-deck, add extra cooling while not replacing anything else with their lighter counterparts to keep the price as low as possible of course you are gonna end up with a heavier car. BMW will happily give you what you want (probably in the near future) if you are lucky enough to be one of those 1000 or 2000 people and willing to pay a nice premium (e.g. M4 GTS vs M4 ZCP or M4 CS vs M4 ZCP).

I'll stop hijacking your thread OP. Sorry!
Appreciate 0