View Single Post
      02-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #37
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

My upcoming M2 will be one of the last N55's I suppose. I don't really care now, but I'm wondering why BMW just didn't put a detuned S55 in the M2 from the beginning. This question I'm sure has been asked on this forum in some form before.

I like their cars but they just keep nickel and diming people with all the configuration changes in such a short period of time. The M2 has only been out since 2016 and this, if true; will be the third change. It's almost like they didn't expect the popularity of the M2 to be what it is, and are now capitalizing on it.

From a business standpoint, I guess I don't blame them. I just hate to see everyone arguing and debating over this so much because I'm sure there are some who wish BMW hadn't done this.

Head Gasket issue aside, on the Focus RS forum there isn't nearly as much, if any; discussion about the 2018 RS LE having some of the things the original RS doesn't have, and a lot of those guys are just as hardcore as some of you.

It's just my opinion and observation, but a lot of the RS owners seem genuinely more happy & content with their purchase than a lot you. I actually sold some RS parts to a guy who had an M2 ,that he sold to his brother; and bought an RS.

Last edited by qnet; 02-25-2018 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0