View Single Post
      02-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #24
arudeone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Stealth. That's a word or concept under-represented in this discussion.

My (admittedly personal and perhaps unrepresentative) opinion is that the M2 doesn't make sense as an exhibitionist-type car. The more ornaments you hang on this Christmas tree, the less attractive it becomes.

I have owned at least one exhibitionist car (Subaru STi, long gone) and still own another one (2003 Porsche 911 TT with an aftermarket GT2 type wing, put on it by the former owner. I defanged the STi before accepting delivery by having the wing amputed, because it attracted too much attention. My 996TT also attracts too much attention, but I sort of like the way it looks so I put up with it, but I'm careful where I take it and where I park it.

The M2 should be the type of car that passes you at 99 mph and only afterwards does it dawn on you what it is. Once you gaudy it up with a bunch of unneeded crap, it is no longer a stealth cruiser. It loses something in the process.

My M2 is coming in 2-3 weeks. I'm going to put black grills on the front and sides, at minimal cost, but that's all I would do to one of these things. Just my opinion.
Goes to my point about perspective. Go visit a track and you will find aero on most of the cars. It's for function. Not for exhibition.

One could say buying a m car as a DD is purely exhibition? Or driving 99mph on a public street?
Appreciate 0