Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I liked it, except for all wheel drive and automatic transmission. I'm 6'1" and i was close to ceiling, but still had room. power was great, sound was great, 4 doors were great! But automatic trans? AWD? not for me. I own a mint condition audi RS4. first and last AWD I will ever own...unless I get the R8 .
Ah I see. I want to try AWD and see if I like it. I may start at the S3 level so its not as much cash down the road to unload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Just the 981.

I haven’t had the M3 for very long - just coming up on my one year of ownership, but it’s not. Been a great car for me. I’m having the same winter out here in Naperville, and just don’t have the garage space for dedicated winter wheels/tires. Needless to say, the F80 has been sitting a lot lately.

I’m definitely considering a better “all arounder” - but I don’t know of the RS3 is the right one. Gotta find one to drive first.
Oh yeah I forgot lol. I went to Audi of Orland Park I think they had a Mythos blk rs3 there they let me sit in it and play around inside but no go on the drive it was sold as most of them are. But check out the car sale sights like car gurus a ton of them used on the market under 2000 miles I am guessing people are not that happy with what they got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Sand bags in the trunk and winter tires!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Yep, that bad. Go and check it.
Ha Ill take your word for it. If they do it anything like Lexus its yuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan997GT3 View Post
I driven most of the newer and current BMW’s, when are they going to get the electric steering right? Heck, I drove the new civic si and type r and both had tremendous feel and they are electric like majority of the cars now. What gives?? Haha. Those are 35k and 25k Honda’s!!! Come on BMW!!
You know it was surprising to me as well and I am on my 2nd F30. The S3 had much better dynamic steering feel and it was so much lighter well because it really is by a few hundred lbs. But the steering felt much more direct and snappy over my f30 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
The lack of fender flares are so disappointing on the rs3. Kills the appeal for me.

A neighbor has one and compared to my 1m it just looks weak. I like a lot of aspects of the car, but no manual and the lack of fenders is just a disappointment
I can live with no manual, but damn does it look like an S3 you have to look at the exhaust to really know. The one thing that it does make up and that you dont hear being discussed alot and this is generally pointed to those who like to tune is how blistering fast it is tuned and how cheap it is. Unitronic and UM got their RS3 with just a stage 1 flash to do 10.9 in the 1/4 thats insane value if drag strip is your thing. Cant go wrong there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I had a large number of cars in my life and worked in the field for a while as well. Except town little driving or (some) cleared highway driving, there is no way that the M2 will be similar with an AWD vehicle regadless how much you and others are screaming “marketing”. How people will make ”extra bucks”, when the M2 is more money than a properly equiped AWD vehicle?
What are you talking about?

Where I am going with the AWD properly equiped, I wasn’t able to go with the M3 and M5 with winter tires. Please keep in mind I am running DWS all seasons, on my xDrive, I dont need two sets of rims and tires, and I dont take my vehicle to the dealership to switch tires; the less my car sees the dealership and the mechanic, the better. No dirty wheels in the trunk and back seats, no teared leather or sagging seats from waiting in the lot loaded with wheels, no bill, no smudges on my seats. Thank you. Plus, front wheels pulling have their benefits in poor traction environment.
Yes, the M’s are very nice vehicles but have their limits.

An AWD is an AWD. To say that 2 wheels equals 4 is not just mathematical wrong but logic too.
Stop fooling yourself, a tire and an LSD is not everything. If three wheels have no traction but the fourth one has, that alone might save the day.
I have all traction systems in my garage and none can handle my hill and snow like the xDrive. Not even a week ago, my neighbour could not PARK in the garage his M3 equiped with snow tires due to the sudden snowfall. He got his lesson I think.
Really, a manufacturer makes the SUV’s AWD beacuse of marketing? If RWD will be better, they wouldn’t bother with a four wheel traction system. C”mon guys, some technical common sense please.

I cant believe I am reading this in here. Is like me saying, Hey my X1 can tow that three ton fifth wheel too, I just need good tires...
I really think it just depends on the type of terrain you live in. I agree with most of the points you made and I have run conti DWS on our 2008 328xi back in the day and it was amazing. The one aspect like you mentioned is how versatile the setup is. But there are some things that are negative about it as well, like summer performance suffers if all year round on the DWS and also the DWS will not perform as well in those super freezing days as the compound as good as it is still gets hard.

As mentioned snow tires on RWD sand bags in the trunk its more than enough on snowy flat terrain. My wife does it now in my F30 with good year ultra grip ice and she did it in her 228i lease on blizzaks both RWD so its completely doable. It still amazes me with guys at work that are completely oblivious with their mustang GT and Chargers and I hear them saying all the time how they need AWD and wanna trade in their car becase of snow. I tell them about snow tires and its how I make it to work with my RWD truck and they give me this gaze of like WTF am I talking about how lol .
fortunately, I am able to have a winter truck..and a spare winter car. I don't need an AWD sports car. I do NEED the RWD though. a sense of freedom(hooliganism)