Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPizzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I'm with stefan. I do hope you make the correct choice for yourself in the end. Since you have indicated that you feel the S55 is a "proper M engine ", you definitely are the type that will pay $17,500- oops a bargain at $16,500- more for " sportier seats and interior choices" !
Lol. I knew that was gonna bite me in the A$$. What I meant is that it’s an engine built specifically for the “m” division, did not mean to imply the m2 isn’t a proper “m” car.

Also my discount isn’t off “base” it’s off a msrp if 61890, which wouldn’t be too far from a m2 CS price perhaps (who knows for sure though)
I mean it is and isn't. Here's the thing. Are you sure you like the S55? it's not for everyone. I thought for sure I'd walk out of the dealership with an M3 but the S55 is not a motor I find appealing. While the N55 is less special there is definitely some M magic going on there such that I get feelings of older M cars when driving it.

So then you're down to interiors. For me I cannot stand how the f3x and X SUVs have that stupid high gloss material everywhere that scratches if you look at it too hard. I'm not sure why this equates to a better interior. More shiny stuff ?

The seats look a hell of a lot cooler but feel pretty much the same to me. Better off going with a sportster CS or other aftermarket seat.