11-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #1154
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1969 View Post
OK thanks. In fairness, my first post having joined the forum today. I'll know next time to read through (53 pages - jikes!) before asking silly questions. I'm a little sensitive to potential residual value losses by BMW having bought a zero mileage, nearly new dealer pre-reg M4 just before BMW launched the Competition Pack upgrades. I collected current M2 in March 2017 (having been on a waiting list for 5 months) just before BMW announced the LCI action, this on a car that was only launched in April 2016. Now it seems that BMW will retire the M2 N55 engine mid 2018. I work for Ford so I'm fortunate that I don't have to worry about residual losses on my daily company car. I bought the M4 then M2 as they tick boxes the Ford range doesn't - 2 door coupe, 6 cylinder 3.0 turbo, DCT (in my case) and rear wheel drive (Mustang doesn't do it for me). I'm therefore sensitive to residual value losses. Seems to me BMW need to be more careful with looking after existing customers and not always just chasing new ones. See how Porsche manage residual values by comparison. If I take a big hit on my M2 at the end of my 2 year PCP then I'll vote with my feet and go elsewhere.
Welcome to Bimmerpost.

If you are a serial leasing buyer , you'll probably definitely hit some pitfalls when buying certain vehicles in any marque. Over the last 3-5 years the BMW M3 and M4 have been leased similarly to the Honda Accord. Sell em like hot cakes and keep owners making payments by flipping them into new ones. As a matter of fact .. cellular phones have a similar sales model.

Any new lease customer IS a new customer from the perspective of the manufacturer.

The M2 is not a good lease option, it hasn't been since it came on the market. Residuals for that and the 1M were absolutely atrocious compared to the bread and butter E9x M3 and F8x M3 and M4.
Appreciate 2
CC196914.50
MrYLT146.50