11-25-2017, 12:31 AM   #55
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Nezil It's cold in my garage... Hard to get the motivation to go out there and screw around when I can barely feel my hands. I also have been hooking the car up to a battery charger when playing with coding, which is more hassle than anticipated.

I also ran into all sorts of weirdness with E-sys and my coding laptop when I just tried to enable Euro parking lights... strange stuff with the descriptive text not appearing in E-sys for some reason. I think i may have resolved this by uninstalling and re-installing both esys and the Launcher, but I haven't gone back out to the car to screw with it again.

I'm really sad that I can't set my indicators to blink 5x; for some reason all of the coding guides mention this but fail to mention that it's apparently impossible on newer releases of car firmware.

The european parking light definitely works though, and it's exactly what I was hoping for. Literally one entry to change in FEM_BODY. Turn off car, move indicator stalk, and the rear parking light and front angel eyes on that side of the car illuminate. The cluster even gives you a warning that you've left the light on.

I also haven't had my break-in service yet, and I'm wary of doing any major coding changes for fear that it will cause problems with any software updates they need to do (i.e. cluster software update/recall to fix the failure-to-turn-on bug).

I'm probably going to turn on VLD after your positive experience there though.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0