View Single Post
      10-09-2017, 04:24 PM   #1296
Motorsport_M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
First and foremost: all comments in this thread are inevitably speculation based on snippets of information here and there surfacing on the interwebs, rumors, assumptions and logical inferences. Hits and misses. BMW has not even officially confirmed the existence of any M2 variant. Hence, most questions asked in this thread cannot be properly answered yet. We can only give it a try, for what it's worth.
Back to your questions.
Thanks for your reply, interesting to have different points of view of what is going to happen with this M2 even if all is based on assumption or logical inferences

If we believe the rumors, the M2 competition is going to replace the standard M2, BMW maybe wanted to offer a fairly price on the model and improve their prime margin by adding a "CS Pack" track oriented - what you mentioned make sense for me but this does not go against what Van Meel said ? If what you said is true, the 2019 will not be a CSL.. .
Anyway a M2 CS cannot be sold with a price about 100kE in Europe (Germany, France, ...) -with of course some options-, this is too much for this kind of cars. They have maybe asked some potential customers and take the decision to call the M2 "competition" to be more competitive on the market. I cannot image the M2 competition with a higher price as the Audi TT RS.

Bonus question: I heard that the future BMW 2 series will always be RWD ? true ?
Appreciate 0