View Single Post
      09-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #126
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
I'm week 38 but yet to start production yet. I think you'll probably get the car before Thanksgiving but it doesn't hurt to set the expectation. It's better to be surprised it comes earlier than to expect it to come beginning of November.

I on the other hand am hoping it's sometime the first week of November
I think the best way to guess the delivery timescale is to look at the shipping schedules to Port Hueneme after your scheduled completion date.

My estimated completion date is 09/13, and the following boats are scheduled to leave after that:

15-Sep --- 12-Oct --- Morning Courier --- WWL
20-Sep --- 22-Oct --- Marguerite Ace --- MOL
21-Sep --- 17-Oct --- Equuleus Leader --- NYK
26-Sep --- 22-Oct --- Don Carlos --- WWL
28-Sep --- 26-Oct --- Clover Ace --- MOL
29-Sep --- 26-Oct --- Tortugas --- WWL

BMW apparently prefers to use WWL, and it's unlikely I'd make the Morning Courier, so the safer bet would be the Don Carlos, leaving 09/26, and arriving in CA on 10/22. I don't have any port installed options, and my dealer (yours too @just blaze) is the second closest dealership to the port. I'd estimate 3 days from there, which would have me taking delivery on the week of 10/23 ~ 10/27.

If I make the Morning Courier, or the MOL or NYK ships following that, it should be even earlier.

My CA predicted the week of 10/16 ~ 10/20 when I placed my order, though obviously didn't guarantee that. He might end up being correct though!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1