Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
I just got a 190 decodes to: "190 In transit to port of exit".

What confuses me is the next one, 191, which decodes to the inscrutable "191 Returned to BMW AG". Followed by "193 Arrived at Port of Exit".

So why would the car be returned to BMW AG after its in transit and before it's arrived.. Maybe its a safety valve in case, god forbid, the car is damaged in transport? Even the Genius rep couldnt explain that one to me. Hope I never see that one!

What do you guys think the best guestimate for time frame would be between 190 and 196 "Shipment Arrival at destination port"?
I am not sure but I would say a couple days from 190 to 193. I have been really busy at work and didn't get a chance to check my status since it finished production last Wednesday and now today it is already 193.

I've read that it all depends on the shipping schedule on how long your car will sit at the port waiting. If you get lucky and the ship is there or almost there you may get on quickly but if a ship just left or is full then your car is going to sit around waiting for the next ship.

My CA said that if I was in a hurry the fastest route would be to take delivery at the dealership since they estimated it would be ready around end of August early September. Based off that it looks like around three to four weeks from status 155 for east coast if all goes smoothly. West coast delivery or if you are doing PCD would be a little longer.