07-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #13
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz89 View Post
Service package is definitely worth having, dealer reckons it's about $1500 to purchase this up front for 3 or 4 years of services... but is included at no cost if you utilize the corporate advantage. Plenty of cars new and used have this advertised in the adverts.
I was quite surprised at this: I'd done a fair bit of checking before i walked into the showroom, and I hadn't found much of this in the ads. Anyway, I went back and rechecked CarSales this morning ... I found 3 ads (out of 33) that included the Executive Package Servicing: all were private sellers, and all were the higher mileage examples in Blue (NSW - 13k - $96k | VIC - 16.5k - $104k | QLD - 7k - $100k). So good if Blue is your thing ... which is my perfect colour!

Anyway, none of them appear to be sufficiently less than what I negotiated for a new MY18 LCI to tempt ... essentially why I went for a new one. I've just got to suffer the agony of the wait now

Quote:
I've been quoted $110K drive away for a '17 build M2 (non LCI) - car had 200km on the clock so essentially brand new.
That's effectively new: probably just been driven on a couple of demo rides by the dealer ... but a couple of questions to see what kind of value it is ...
1. M2 Pure or DCT
2. What options are on the car (e.g. Metallic Paint / Sunroof / Comfort Windows etc)

Quote:
There's a heap of low km (<5000km) available for high 90s drive away.
I'd like to have a 17 build but would settle for a 16 If the price is right
Again, I found this surprising considering that I'd checked the ads carefully before electing to buy new. Of the 33 ads on CarSales this morning, 24 are for used cars ... of those 24, 16 have 5K or less on the odometer. Of those 16, only 6 have a price of $99,500 ... and only one of them (a 2016 model) has a drive away price (of ~$99k).

One other private seller car (a 2016) there is likely to be under $100k when govt charges are added, but all others (assuming they fetch the listed price) would exceed $100k with stamp duty. I know you can negotiate, but maybe you are underestimating where the market is..? Of course, I could have misunderstood what you meant by "heap" as well..?

On the positive side, it shows that they are much sought after cars that retain their value reasonably well ... which is something that you, when you become an owner, will be able to enjoy as well!
Appreciate 0