Thread: Fueling Issues
View Single Post
      07-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #1
TampaF87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Fueling Issues

I'm currently waiting on delivery for my MY18 M2 (October), and I've read quite a bit about much of the common issues, quirks and things to pay attention to. I'm noticing that a lot of the limitations come down to fueling, and potentially the HPFP not being up to snuff for anything much beyond the limitations of the factory turbo. As with other platforms that have HPFP limitations, the aftermarket has come with revised/upgraded units to fill the gap. Has any of the major companies, especially the tuners, looked into exactly which part of the fuel system is the weak link? If in fact it is the HPFP, are there any plans in the works for an upgraded unit?

I know that I don't even have the car yet, and this is purely from a point of looking at the tuning headroom to work with later on down the road should I decide to go that route, but I like to know what I'm working with a little bit. It's a fairly new platform, but I feel ~2 years is an adequate amount of time to be able to find common mechanical limitations on ancillary parts. Thanks in advance guys.
Appreciate 0