View Single Post
      05-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Polishing before Xpel application

I just visited the local Xpel guy in Geneva, Switzerland to discuss the full wrapping of my car with Xpel Ultimate when I finally get my car. I was a little dismayed to see that it is one guy, of Romanian origin, who works out of an underground parking garage belonging to a Japanese car distributor. When I visited he didn't have any Xpel samples to show me as he said he kept these in his car and today he'd brought in a client's car for a colour wrap.

Does this kind of set-up sound normal to you guys ? I got his details off the official worldwide Xpel site and he's the only one who's local. He apparently spends half his time in Moscow, and, if he has several cars to do, he flies in some assistants from there..... He claims to have been trained by Xpel in England.

Anyway, he told me that I have to make sure that BMW don't put any polish on the car when I take delivery because he's not equipped to remove it (de-polishing) and can only wash the car. He says polish before Xpel will mean the Xpel won't stick properly. Does anyone know if this is true and whether BMW puts polish on and if it has to be removed ?

Whenever I get something done I always end up being faced with unclear situations, and possible problem areas. I wonder if this is because I always tend to investigate things fully beforehand rather than just getting it done blindly....
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 1