04-03-2017, 03:28 AM   #10
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Interesting! Let me comment to this...

First of all, your Awron display might not be well installed, because I have exactly the same set up as you (only downpipe with cat right now) and we can read the car without any issues.

I had two different BMW computers connected to my car and both can read my car without issues. Double check with your installer, remove the connection of the display and try it again. If it then works, the installer made a mistake installing the display.

Secondly, the limp mode coming up, I have exactly the same thing. My messages in the computer are related to overboost. There is too much boost presented and therefore the car goes into limp mode. Limp mode has nothing to do with the CEL messages that the delete-r removes. Your car is overboosting and that is why it might give the messages.

In my case I get limp mode messages when I drive between 210 and 260 kmh. Because I am in such high revs and gear, the message pops up. I have not heard about your case that when you rev in high gear it comes up but it could be related.

Please keep me informed. If your issue is similar to mine, then please let me know and we will use both our data in the direction of Akrapovic. Now that the sun is back here, I can do a few high speed runs.

MR
Thank you MR, I am in the same situation with regards to the car going into limp mode. High rev in high gears. The error message pops up, but friend at BMW says that's a generic error message and need to read the DME to find out.

I think it might be the installation problem, but I am rather curious as how the gauge is able to display properly with maybe a wrong installation?
Appreciate 0