Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCarNut View Post
While I understand the underpinnings are basic 3 series, they are not the same. I haven't seen a 3 series with a liftback/hatch yet (3GT excluded), and the 4 Coupe is gorgeous..much prettier than any 3 series.

My comment was just an idea in consolidation. They certainly don't have to have so many models. Why not make the M3 the halo for the 3 series and rely on the 4 for other sales? Priced competively, I don't see any downside...(and you can't stand a hatch/lines of the 4...they can step up to the 5) or pony up for the M3
Sorry if I misunderstood and took what you wrote literally.

Downside? About a $400 million gamble in annual sales that would not work out very well for investors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCarNut View Post
LOL..I know the M3 is the halo...you snipped the rest of my post where I said 'and let the 4 be the volume seller..(rather than the 3 series).
Didn't "snip" anything. I clearly mention that the 3er is BMW's number 1 seller. You can't "rely on" or "let" something be a volume seller...you actually have to sell it.

We can go on and on and on...you can't kill the 3 series.

THE END

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0