quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop00 View Post
No one is saying they are similar.

The fact that the gap in speed between the two is this small does however raise an eyebrow or two. Questionable choice in strategy from BMW imo.

The 1M had higher tuning potential than the 135. With the M2 it's the other way around which really adds to the frustration.
I think you and I are not saying they are similar but there are definitely a lot of people above trying. At least I get that sense.

But as to the tuning potential I think it might be deliberate. the M2 already beat the M4 around the streets of willow. that is a huge issue for protecting the m3/m4 sales. i believe the smaller turbo and no headroom tuning wise was a deliberate choice. The problem was they have so many cars in their lineup and the m235i has to compete within its class and thats the S3 and cla45 and everybody was already putting down 300hp as a base number. puts bmw in a tough position trying to create perceivable gap between the cars which is why they underrate their numbers from factory. the m2 has more than 365 just like the m240 has more than the 330 or whatever it has. anyway just my thoughts as I have no idea for sure.
Appreciate 0