View Single Post
      03-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #11
Z3MQP
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupé, M2, F11, e30 325i

Short update on the clunk noise and feel in my 6MT M2 from 1/2017:

I had the car at the local BMW dealer yesterday and we drove quite a while. The BMW Head of Service was in the car and he confirmed the signifikant clunk comming fom the diff area.
When I leave the throttle in gears 4,5,6 with rpm approx. 2800-3400 there is a strong clunk noise and feel from underneath the car as somebody hits the floor with a rubber hammer. It is really anoying and I can't ignore it. It doesn't matter if the car gets pulled a bit harder or if I drive like a granny. BUT it's much more signifikant in the two modes sport and sport+ than in comfort mode. Comfort mode doesn't show this effect so extremly. Maybe 20% of it.

Finally, the BMW guys determined that this can not be normal and have put the car on the ramp to check the diff and the fixings. The first impressions showed no obvious reasons for the play in the drivetrain.

My car has 1300 km and we agreed, that they do some research until the break in service in 700 km....

I hope they find a solution. As mentioned, I can't accept that play in the drive train and I'm sure that this is not normal!

I would be very happy if someone with the same problem has additional input or even a solution for that.
Appreciate 2