View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #65
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 and M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXBMW View Post
Some (many) brands of </= 10mm spacers have a ridge on the inside of the spacer lip that is intended to seat the hat lip but will prevent the spacer from seating completely on the hat on cars with elongated hub lips like the M2 = wobble/vibration. It is possible to modify these type of spacers by having a machine shop grind down that ridge. Since the M2 hub lip (on my car) measures 12mm, it could be a potential problem for spacers up to 12mm thick but conventional wisdom says it is problem for spacers constructed in this manner 10 mm and less. The issue or "problem" is the M2/3/4 have slotted hub lips that are atypically long- with reports up to 14mm. Great for wheel assembly strength, not great for spacers that are not constructed with this in mind.

The Turner spacers have solved this issue by having integrated hub lip extenders. Turner therefore will seat completely flush against the hat = no wobble/vibration.

This is all explained in detail on the Turner website. I am not here to promote Turner or bash any other brand, but not all 10mm spacers are plug n play like Turner.....

if you were holding the two types of spacers in your hand it would be blatantly obvious but damn it is hard to convey easily in words !
Thats a good explanation thank you - I ordered H&R spacers because they were more readily available to me in the UK

These ones
https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW...-wheel-spacers

Are these going to create problems?
Appreciate 0