01-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitecto View Post
Try to look in terms of percentage of improvement. How big of an improvement will a '17 M2 be over your Golf tdi? 30%, 50%, 200%? Idk, that is something for you to decide.

Then think about how much of an improvement an LCI model will have over the '17 M2. If it is only headlights and tail lights like the m3/4 then maybe that amounts to a 3-5% benefit.

You mentioned loving the n55 and not wanting that to change so maybe the risk of losing that is something to factor in as a negative of waiting.

Now just ask yourself if the increase in benefits minus the increased risks is enough for you to justify waiting.

For me I love the current car as it is and wouldn't change anything. It is going to be a very big improvement over my current car. So I don't have a problem with getting a '17 and enjoying it even if newer tail lights come out in the future.

If you think about it, there will always be something to wait for if you look far enough ahead.

Best of luck!

yeah i guess you're right but the golf is only a work car, its okay for now i have lots of travelling ahead for work, but i wish i knew what the LCI was now so i could decide, i am going to go to my dealer tomorrow and see if he can let me in on some info

very philosophical

cheers dude!
Appreciate 0