Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Double checking some items...

The stock M2 turbo is machined and fit with a larger impeller/compressor? Understanding it will take longer, is it possible to get back "my" turbo?

If I prefer, I can use the stock intake and/or exhaust, correct.

Have there been any reported drone issues with Dinan exhaust or Dinan exhaust with resonator delete like there has recently been w/the MPE?

Increasing the boost, HP, TRQ will there be any future issues with head gaskets, driveshafts, etc. or are the existing parts "well within" spec?
1. You would be waiting about 8 weeks but I'm sure we could derive a way to use a specific core if desired. That said all we are re-using is the casting so whether the core had 200 miles or 60,000 miles on it makes no difference as all the wearable parts are being replaced.

2. You can use the stock intake and exhaust if desired.

3. The resonator delete is removing a device specifically there to reduce drone so with that in the car I will not promise anything. To my ears I don't hear a drone with the resonator delete but sound is a fickle thing and everyone has their own tolerances. To date I have never heard of any complaints on the M2 system and drone however.

4. Everything is "within spec" and you shouldn't have any issues. A great deal of testing and key cycles have been run on the development cars to ensure that. If you do have issues for some reason though you have the warranty to fall back on. That's what it is there for.
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00