View Single Post
      12-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #78
MINI135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C and 2013 FR-S

I am impressed with the Re71r's on the track. They handled the 20 minute sessions well. Grip was good throughout the sessions, although it was only about 65-70 degrees that day, so not really hot outside. Could they be pushed to be greasy? Yeah, I have yet to find a street tire that I can't push into the greasy stage if I over do the driving or if it is really hot outside, but this tire seems pretty resilient. Initially when it came out I thought it would be an autocross tire only, but many seem to be proving that untrue and tracking it with much success.

They remind me of the Hankook R-s3's in their character, but clearly are softer and grippier, so they will wear out even faster. This is my first set, so I am still new to them, but all reports I have read say they wear faster, so I am just mentally ready for that and the increased grip is worth it!

If you just want the best price/performance tire the R-s3 is hard to beat. The sherman tank of the bunch is the Re-11, albeit a lot slower than the newer street tires. Had those on my Cayman S and just couldn't kill them.

Last edited by MINI135i; 12-01-2016 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0