View Single Post
      10-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #15
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
For my driving style on road and track; the brake balance is slightly better with RS4-4 at the rear then RS-29 all round. At the time; I also asked the guys from Pagid UK what the best set up would be for my car and they advised me the same set-up with RS4-4 at the rear. A nice side effect is the less squealing noise from the rear RS4-4 pads. Most of the squealing noise when driving slowly comes from the rear pads and RS4-4 are way more quiet then RS-29.

For 5 year I'm driving with Pagids brake pads on my Z4M with AP brakes. So this is all own experience! With this brake set-up I have covered + 80.000km on the street and + 200 laps on the Nürburgring. I have driven with RS-4-2 all round (not good on track), RS-14 front & RS4-4 rear, RS-29 all round, RS-29 front & RS4-4 rear.

My preferred set up is RS-14 front & RS4-4 rear... The initial bite is awesome and the braking power is the best I have experienced. I can outbreak almost any car with steel brakes (even 997 GT3's). The AP brakes with Pagid pads (+ steel linings and other brake oil) is that good! RS-14 is a bit heavy on the brake discs (rotors) when driving on track and I wanted to try RS-29.
After 4 years I have switched to RS-29 all round and finally to RS-29 front & RS4-4 rear. The initial bite is less then with RS-14 but the RS-29 last longer and are more friendly for the discs (rotors).

Both set-ups have zero fading on the Nürburgring....on Spa-Francorchamps the RS-14 is also great...I did not test RS-29 there...but will do that next month.
Keep us posted on your test results.
Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50