06-03-2016, 11:30 AM   #10
Typeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
If there is no allocation for my M2 in this next three-month round of allocations, I will find and buy an e92 M3. There are lots for sale and I figure I can find a nice one for about the same or less than the M2.

If I understand correctly, these allocations that dealers are supposed to be getting in the next week are for the next three months. If that is the case and my dealer still has no allocation for my order, then the earliest they could get one would be October which likely means my car wouldn't get here until December at the earliest. That would be almost a year since I ordered and as much as I really want an M2, I can buy a 2013 M3 tomorrow. My wife keeps telling me I'll regret it. Likely so, but I'm getting really bored driving her 3 series wagon. I'm 61. At my age, another six months waiting for a car is too much.
Which dealership if you dont mind me asking? I'm #5 at Bridgeport, which is supposedly a fairly high volume dealership; however, the only allocation they've gotten thus far is their HEA, and my understanding is that it did not go to someone in the spots above me (I passed as well).
Appreciate 0